Thursday 18 November 2010

A Great Journee

I fink I did manage to give some peeple the impresshun that I do haz a easy life here in Ashtead. This could not be further from the troof. I show you ow ard life is for a bizee dog...

Last night, mum has put out my new cusshun in fron of the fire so I goes to lie on it. This can take several seconds of effort an concentrayshun which do vary dependin on wot part of the house I wos in before I start. Anyway, i do get to the cusshun only to finds that some lazy butt is lyin on it....



Well, I haz wasted that efforts and so I complete the long trudge....manee miles....across the livin room to get up in my comfy chair....


....only to find it already occupied by dad and Lola. I am pretty exhausted by this second leg of journee and so I do be gettin up there anyways and me an Lola is wrigglin about til we haz made dad more comfy for sittin on...


...but Lola will not keeps still and I is losin valuable restin time wiv her snortlin and wrigglin and so I do haz to set off again (wivout opportunity for replenishin energy levels wiv snaks) to the other side of lounge where sumone hav booted out Willium....



....and I say you is not beyond bounds of possibilitee that I had to drag that beanbags over dere myself....so you is seein ow hard I is workin over here.....while Lola do simply carry on snoozin and doin nuffink to elp....



....which is why vet has putted her on strict diet to lose weight.....every cloud ave silver linin....I let you kno later how traumatic evenin has affected me....


zzzzzzzz.....Capt. Marley Oates.....

5 comments:

  1. Dear Capt Marley,

    I bought a sofa sized beanbag,covered it with lovely soft throws and a furry one with lots of comfy cushions. I thought it would be lovely for us humans to snuggle on in the winter......however the terrible terrier twosome have other ideas.It is now a very large and expensive terrier dossout pad. Most evenings it is covered with HRH Queen Lottie on her back with her legs in the air with her humble minion Fergus the Bogeyman snuggled up next to her.They even leave their toys on there! And they don't put it back all tidy when they've done with.
    Signed

    Deposed terrier owned human. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... I do hope you will recover from you traumatic evening... and, yes, be happy knowing that you are getting lots of valuable exercise while looking for a comfy place.

    pawhugs, Max

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pains, Marley. My sis Dixie, wot has becommed an old geezer now, keeps swiping my bed in my hidey spot. I neffur let any udders go there coz it do be so comfy just fur me but I can't gib Dixie the snarly face now that she be a senior citizen. I is supposed to respekt my elders. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No wonder you're so exhausted! The trouble is that because you don't make a fuss & allow the others to get the top comfy spots first you are quite clearly taken for granted!

    I have been quite envious of all the dogs on Twitter getting brofurs & sisfurs recently, but now I think about it I don't have to barter with another dog for a good position. I'm lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marley a word of warning from my own experience-leave the fit flop box alone! Human mummies can become strange wild animals when you chew the box containing new winter boots. I did try say I ONLY chewed the box and didn't get through to the boots but......

    ReplyDelete

Ello for you. This is where you can say ello for me and leave some forts. I like it when peeple be sayin fings